Friday, February 15, 2008

Burning Incense Outside The Given Bin



Every year on the Ninth day of the Chinese New Year, the Hokkiens will 'Bai Tian Gong' - a day of gratitude for their ancestors’ relive, if I'm not wrong. As such, burning of incense is probably done during midnight on the Eight day of the CNY.

Some people still don't bother to use the incense bin given to them (as shown in the photo) and simply burned them on the floor. When wind started blowing, the burnt or burning ashes will fly into the homes of the flat dwellers nearby.

As usual, I've forgotten when is the actual date of the offering as I'm not a Hokkien and didn't close my windows. There were burnt ashes all over my hall's floor and sofas. Luckily those still burning ashes did not land on my sofas, else my house will be on fire.

- The Town Council and RC could have put up notices at the lift lobby notice board to inform resdients of the date of this burning of incense and advice residents to close their windows especially during the night.
- Those who are burning incense, should do it in the given bins.

Photo taken on : 15 Feb 2008.

No comments: