Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Dressing Experience At Tampines Polyclinic

When I brought my son to Tampines Polyclinic for changing of dressing for his toe on 2 Apr 2008 (Wed, 3pm), I'm impressed by the nurse who took about 15 minutes to clean and change a new dressing.



But my happiness was short-lived. My son told me that he needed to see the doctor in another room so that the doctor can review the wound on his toe. That means the doctor need to remove the dressing that the nurse took 15 minutes to dress it up!

I'm wondering why didn't the nurse ask the doctor to check the wound before she change the dressing???

After the doctor has checked it, he told my son to return back to the treatment room to get it 'dressed' again... This time, another nurse did the dressing for him but a much simpler one - just like a plaster!



And she told us that there is no need for such a big and complicated dressing like the 1st one. So why the initial procedure to get it dressed and only to have it removed in less than 10 minutes?

And the Polyclinic charged us $3.00 for the dressing though the consultation for my son is $4.50... wait review also must charged $4.50 for consultation?

No comments: