Friday, March 7, 2008

What's The Price Difference

Whenever I'm shopping at Shop n Save, I need to do mental calculation to see if I meet the target of $15 (or multiples of $15). I find it a real hassle. The purpose is that for every $15 purchased, you will get a 'stamp'. When you collect 12 'stamps' (that means $180 in a month) in a month, you can exchange for a $9 voucher (about 5% rebate).



Sometimes I wonder if I'm really 'shop and save'? One day, I happened to check on the price of this Owl brand Kopi-O Siew Dai coffee. This is what I found out when I made a comparison when there is no offer for both supermarkets - Shop n Save and NTUC;

Price of Owl brand Kopi-O Siew Dai:

Shop n Save : $4.35

Photo taken on : 26 Feb 2008 at Tampines Mart Shop n Save

NTUC : $3.80

Photo taken on : 24 Feb 2008 at West Plaza Pasir Ris NTUC

Price Difference : $0.55


So the next time I shop at Shop n Save, I better take note of which item to buy. It's good to check the price difference on items that we buy frequently, I think.

No comments: